WINE & WoW & QEMU

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Jun 9 06:12:28 MDT 2007

Greetings Kai!

I just noticed the comments you made regarding WINE & WOW and believed
some other links could be useful to this participant as references
he could explore in more detail assisting him to consider whether his
intentions can be implemented within YDL on the PS3.

Here are two links:

http://www.linux-tutorial.info/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=15

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_and_update_World_Of_Warcraft_with_wine

Regarding x86 emulators which have worked within the PowerPC
environment, the most well known is QEMU.  It is located here:

http://qemu.org/

I do not know if anyone has gotten QEMU working on the Cell yet.  Given
the Cell radical design there should be no problems other than access
to the graphics GPU you mentioned.

To clarify, the Cell is a member of the PowerPC family -- not the Intel
or x86 family -- of processors.

If QEMU is implemented properly (read the documentation) built and
implemented it should emulate Intel and any other processor rather
well.

Hopefully Sony will allow expansion of the RAM in the future which
would allow a greater flexibility for software.

All the best...