YDL 5, iBook G4 and Dial Up modem connection

Pietro Cristofoli pietro.cristofoli at univr.it
Tue Jun 26 00:52:46 MDT 2007

Hi all,

I've installed YDL 5.0 the other day as the only OS on my iBook G4 (I've
chosen not to keep Tiger because I have to learn how to use Linux). I've
update the included packages with YUM but I can't figure out how to
update YDL to the current 5.01 public release ... but this is another story.

I'm able to get online through my Eth0 device but I cant' activate my
internal modem. It seems that YDL can't recognize it so I've tried with
a generic "/dev/modem" device but System Config Network can't activate
it ...

Hope someone with an iBook can help me. Thanks in advance.

Pietro

--

    Pietro Cristofoli

    Università degli Studi di Verona
    SIA - Servizi Informatici di Ateneo
    Via San Francesco, 22 - 37129 Verona VR
    Area Reti
    http://www.univr.it
    https://forum.univr.it/ (Bullettin Board System)
    +39 045 802 8672
    pietro.cristofoli at univr.it

    Il presente messaggio è destinato unicamente alla persona in esso indicata; può contenere informazioni confidenziali, riservate o per destinatari particolari stabiliti dalla legge. Nel caso Voi non risultiate essere il destinatario voluto, Vi è fatto assoluto divieto di utilizzare, per via diretta o indiretta, svelare, diffondere, stampare o copiare qualsiasi parte del presente messaggio.
    This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by return email and then erase the email.