Where are the Repositories?

Ron Rogers Jr. CronoCloud at mchsi.com
Wed Jun 27 12:27:41 MDT 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:33:10 -0700
David Lowe <doctorjlowe at verizon.net> wrote:

> 	I'm a little perplexed as to why yum would have access
> to packages that the package manager can't see, but i'm game
> to give it a try. Right now can somebody tell me why the root
> password that works in Package Manager isn't accepted in the
> command line for either 'sudo yum *' or 'sudo su'?

sudo annoys me, so I'd just open up a term and use:

su -l

and then use the root password

> No Match for argument: wesnoth
> No Match for argument: wesnoth-tools
> No Match for argument: wesnoth-server
> Nothing to do

You'll have to add the Fedora 5 PPC Extras repository to your
repos.d

Create a new repo as /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo and paste this
in:

[fedora-extras]
name=Fedora Extras
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/5/ppc
gpgcheck=0

Or you can download the rpm's and install manually.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/5/ppc/repoview/index.html

CronoCloud (Ron Rogers Jr.)