PS3+YD5 newbie problems

david conkling david.conkling at talk21.com
Mon Jul 2 06:24:26 MDT 2007

Hi,

  Being a little unfamiliar with Linux I've encountered the following problems;

  YDLinux (whether it be in Gnome or enlightenment) doesn't seem to read the PS3 disk drive yet if I use jukebox player it can recognise a CD in the drive? Do I need a designated problem to run specific disks? It simply says 'there is no media to mount' or 'the drive is probably empty.' Flash drives don't seem to be a problem though. They open easily & are accessible.

  I received a 'source' disk from terrasoft for YDLinux aswell as my install DVD. I don't seem to have used it. The manual doesn't even explain its use, whats it for?

  I can't get my PS3 wireless connection to utilise firefox to access the internet browser. Does this mean I can't use the PS3 wireless adapter? Do I need a new external device. (I think someone else had a similar problem with a notebook device). The etho connection seems ok but firefox etc won't find a server.

  I managed somehow to remove my main menu bar in enlightenment mode & can't seem to retrieve it. (it had 'applications--> etc on it (found at the top of the screen)). How do I retrieve or rebuild this menu bar? I still have a menu bar on Gnome.

  What are the best resources for YDLinux? I'm after general programs like a decent mp3 player. I've heard about a program called 'wine' which allows the use of windows software on YDLinux. Is this any good & is it easy to use? I also understand that there are games available for YDLinux (e.g. castle wolfenstein etc). If I can't use the PS3 drive will these install from flash drives?

  Think that just about covers everything for a PS3 YD5 newbie,

  Regards,

  David Conkling