Date problems

Mark Jeffree mjeffree at ydl.net
Fri Aug 17 21:46:06 MDT 2007

I don't think this is the same issue as the 7 hour error discussed
recently.

I have now had YDL up and running for the last two weeks, and while the
time is correct, the date has been consistently two DAYS wrong. (ie It
shows two days ago).

I can adjust it (under KDE, right click on the clock at follow the menu)
and the date will stay correct until the next reboot. In fact I can see
the date set incorrectly in the startup text just before the window
manager is started. I can't connect to any of the NTP options in that
configuration window, so am running on the local clock.

I am in the Sydney, Australia (+10hours) timezone. Has anyone else faced
this problem?