Installing Cell SDK 2.1

David davec2061 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 17:06:27 MDT 2007

I read the how to install the Cell SDK 2.1 at

http://www.ydl.net/downloads/enhanced/betas/Cell_SDK_2.1/INSTALL.txt

Would it be possible for someone to post the output of
what you get when you run the test examples?
i.e. the output of the following at the end of the
INSTALL.txt write-up:

# cd app_data/; ./app_data; cd ..
# cd dma/; ./ppe-dma-test; cd ..
# cd elfspe/; ./runspe ./spe-helloworld; cd ..
# cd event/; ./ppe-start-stop spe-start-stop; cd ..
# cd ft/; ./ft ; cd ..
# cd start-stop/; ./ppe-start-stop spe-start-stop; cd
..

I don't apparently have a file such as

/opt/ibm/cell-sdk/prototype/make.footer

on my system that I need to compile codes I downloaded
from
MIT to run the Blue Steel ray-tracer for the PS3
created in
YDL at  http://cag.csail.mit.edu/ps3/

but they used older developer tools that are no longer
available, hence I had to install SDK 2.1.  But I
don't think I have
it installed correctly.

Also, can someone explain how I can tell if YDL is
using FC5 or FC6?  The IBM Cell SDK web pages speak in
terms of FC#s.  I'm new to deep Linux issues.

Thanks,

Dave Calvo