Installing Cell SDK 2.1

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Sep 8 05:56:09 MDT 2007

Hi Dave:

My suggestion is going to address using YDL to help you get more
specific whether you actually have a file (in this case, make.footer).
It is possible I'm being excessively literal, but the word "apparently"
expresses uncertainty.  Hopefully the following will help achieve a
definite determination whether make.footer exists or not.

Do this:

#find / -name "make.footer" -print

The above will print to stdout.  If you were looking for a series
of files which all started with make, you could also do:

#find / -name "make*" -print > findmakes.txt

The * is a wildcard which will include any string of characters after
e.  The > redirects output from stdout to a text file which I happened
to name findmakes.txt.  This is useful when the list is long and you
really want to not worry about the results of your search scrolling off
the screen.

The above would work with nearly any Linux or Unix.

Good luck...