Second Life v BZFlag on PS3

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Oct 13 14:35:27 MDT 2007

Question:
Although the system requirements of Second Life (SL)specify Intel & compatible systems, has someone been able to recompile SL within YDL5 running on the PS3?

It's unusual that a recompilation would work if the source code is directly addressing hardware unique to Intel/AMD hardware.  As apparently this topic is of interest to a few people, determining whether recompilation on a PS3 allows this program to work may have an audience.

Of course, if it can't or won't run on the PS within YDL 5 then, this needs to be clarified.  For now however, I'm willing to accept the project's own statement of system requirements which clearly state that their program is Intel and compatible only.