A G3 iBook, 800Mhz... Can YDL-5.0 be installed on this machine type?

PeterH5322 peterh5322 at rattlebrain.com
Mon Dec 17 15:07:41 MST 2007

>I noticed that on the Terrasoft site that the G3 iBook @ 800 mhz was
>reported not to be able to install because the intial boot process to
>startup the install from the DVD/CD didn't complete. It hung part of the
>way through the boot sequence. Has anyone heard of a workaround or a fix
>so that YDL-5.0 can be installed?

5.0 hasn't been tested on EVERY PowerBook.

I have a Lombard (1999 G3) and a Pismo (2000 G3) with identical hard
drive and main storage configurations.

5.0 will install on the Pismo, but it won't on the Lombard.

Yet, these are both "New World" PBs.

The same install disk installs on my 1.42 GHz G4 Mini.

The differences appear to be related to the presence or absence of
on-board Firewire.

No Firewire on the Lombard.

I haven't had any trouble with 5.0 on G4 towers, and all of these have
Firewire, too.