video issues in ydl 3.0.1

Roland Drake wire_fox at mac.com
Thu Feb 28 12:29:54 MST 2008

I just finished installing YDL 3.0.1 on an old beige Power Mac G3 366
tower. The installation went very smoothly. Initially when booting
into the YDL OS, there were no issues. However at a certain point,
the system reported an issue regarding video and got stuck there. Now
all I have is a black screen.

During the installation process, the system detected the monitor and
video card. It identified the monitor as generic and the video card
(not the original card** which came with the G3, but a PCI upgrade:
Radeon 7000 for Mac) as a Radeon VE. I readjusted these selections
for these devices to their actual values: Mag DX15T for the monitor
and Radeon 7000 for the video card. Then, I completed the rest of the
installation.

I suspect that the issue might have to do with the video card.

I took a picture of the error message which popped on screen and have
posted it on this link:

http://web.mac.com/wire_fox/iWeb/error/screen.jpg

Any assistance in trying to decipher this issue is greatly appreciated.

** Apple System Profiler identifies the original video card as an ATI
mach 64_3DU Pro.

Ainsley Roland Drake
wire_fox at mac.com