Problems with Totem

Weldon Peyton weldon.peyton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 06:27:48 MDT 2008

Hello,
I have used Fluendo to download Window player codecs.  I have all of them to
be recognized in Firefox.  However when I try to download a video from You
tube I get nothing.  When I download for other sights that state I do not
have Window player, and are asked to use an compatible player, when totem
starts I get a error message "gsteamer can not determine the stream." I have
tried to update the Totem 2.16 player that I have to Totem 2.23.0 player but
each time I try to download the RPM package, I get an error message about
the dependancies. I see details and the are a host of library files I do not
have and cannot find that are needed for the rhythmbox and totem player.

Help!

Is there another option to play videos other than Totem Player?

How can I get the Totem player to play videos?

Where are all these library files I need and is there an overall package to
download them?

When I use software updater, there are no updates that come up.  What can I
do?

Weldon Peyton