Installation on an IBM QS21

Björn Torkelsson torkel at hpc2n.umu.se
Sat Apr 5 13:23:45 MDT 2008

Hi,

On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 11:09 -0400, Derick Centeno wrote:
> Hi Bjorn:
>
> If you read the section discussing NFS Setup, the first sentence clearly states
> "define a space to store QS21 installations..."  In other words /srv/nsfroots
> is a directory structure you are supposed to create first.  It is not a command
> sequence executed from a terminal.

Well, I have created the nfsroot structure, though it is located
under /export/nfsroots or do you mean that it is hardcoded to
be /srv/nfsroots? The guide doesn't say anything about that.

I currently have two problems:

1) nfsroot is not recognised as a keyword in the kickstart file.

2) When doing a manual installation I am _not_ prompted for the NFS
server and directory on which I want to install YDL.

> The installer is most likely prompting you about the NFS Server because it
> doesn't see the requisite directory.  For a deeper clarification beyond what
> exists on that page, please note that at the end of the same page the authors
> recommend that you contact your account manager "for any issues or questions..."
> referring to installing YDL 6 on the QS21.

Well, before buying YDL I want to make sure it works on our QS21 nodes
so I don't have any account manager to contact (yet). I downloaded YDL
from one of the public mirrors to try it out.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get...

/torkel