No SD/CF/MemoryStick Drives Detected in YDL 6.0 PS3

Christopher McCourt mccourt_christopher at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 2 19:31:53 MDT 2008

I have been running YDL 5.0 for about a year on the PS3 without any major dramas.  So I recently upgraded to YDL 6.0 and find that I cant use the internet.  I've been trying to follow deChaac's guide to getting the wireless networking in YDL which sugests to download the rpm onto a mem stick use it to get wireless networking going.  Anyway I have downloaded this rpm to a memstick and then find that YDL 6.0 doesn't detect any of my card drives.  I have an launch PS3 60GB version with the latest version of the system software.

  http://dachaac.blogspot.com/2007/08/guide-to-get-wpa-psk-working-on-ps3-ydl.html

  During the ydl install the drives are detected and are offered up as options for install however after installed doesnt detect my drives.  The lights don't come on on the drives like they usually do during boot up either and seem to not exist to linux. Perhapse you guys could tell me how to fix this problem at bootup or even at all.  I've done some looging and found some others with the same problem.

  http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?t=2190&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=493edeec6abba1d0b646eaa925c828d1

  Anyway looking forward to hearing back from you guys asap

  Kind Reguards