No SD/CF/MemoryStick Card Drives detected in YDL 6.0 PS3

Christopher McCourt mccourt_christopher at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 4 22:11:59 MDT 2008

I have been running YDL 5.0 for about a year on the PS3 without any major
  dramas.  So I recently upgraded to YDL 6.0 and find that I cant use the
   internet.  I've been trying to follow deChaac's guide to getting the wireless
   networking in YDL which sugests to download the rpm onto a mem stick use it
   to get wireless networking going.  Anyway I have downloaded this rpm to a
   memstick and then find that YDL 6.0 doesn't detect any of my card drives.  I
   have an launch PS3 60GB version with the latest version of the system
   software.

  http://dachaac.blogspot.com/2007/08/guide-to-get-wpa-psk-working-on-ps3-ydl.html

  During the ydl install the drives are detected and are offered up as options for
   install however after installed doesnt detect my drives.  The lights don't come
   on on the drives like they usually did in YDL 5.0 during boot up either and
   seem to not exist to linux. Perhapse you guys could tell me how to fix this
   problem at bootup or even at all.  I've done some looking and found some
   others with the same problem.

  http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?t=2190&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=493edeec6abba1d0b646eaa925c828d1

  I posted this message on Newbie and havn't had a reply in a few days.
  Installed the 1080i version if that helps anyone to diagnose the problem.

  Anyway looking forward to hearing back from you guys asap

  Kind Reguards