Finally, I have a PS3.

Ron Rogers Jr. CronoCloud at mchsi.com
Tue Jul 1 14:24:26 MDT 2008

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 09:46:09 -0400
Derick Centeno <dcenteno at ydl.net> wrote:

> Glad to hear things are moving along nicely. I'd appreciate it
> if you clarified what you did regarding editing /etc/profile
> and setting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH in reference to Claws Mail
> packages.  There's been a lot of changes in the current
> version of Claws, I've not been able o get the additional
> packages to work as I would have liked.
>
> I look forward to learning what you've been able to do.
> All the best...

Yeah, most things check for .pc files via pkgconfig.  However,
YDL does not set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable.  Since compiled
stuff usually goes to /usr/local/ you also need to set the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH to check that first:

put this line in /etc/profile

export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

You'll also want to set up your /etc/ld.so.conf file with
/usr/local/lib
/usr/lib

added to it.

Ron Rogers Jr. (CronoCloud)