G4 Powerbook Wireless

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Thu Aug 7 05:57:30 MDT 2008

Dear Dylan:

Clarification: I didn't directly email to you any message.  I can't speak
for anyone else.

In general, when you register to participate in these lists there are options
available which you choose which determine how you will receive postings
individuals sent to the Mail Lists.  Different communication media are available
here: http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/.  Briefly, change the options which
you chose and what is sent to your mailbox will change.

Explanation:  The Linux universe, of which YDL is a part, is comprised of the
efforts of many, many volunteers producing independent projects.  YDL is one of
many Linux distributions which share the use of these projects as part of
complying with the General Public License (GPL).  Gnash, available here,
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash is an independent project which also abides
by the GPL.

The people to contact regarding requests or features for gnash is the same
link, which I'll repeat here: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/.

Flash is a proprietary product which does not comply with the GPL.  There is no
claim or surely any reasonable expectation that Flash or Gnash can or do work
the same way.

There is no way to insure that what one individual finds an acceptable function
will be appealing or satisfactory to another.

As for the rest, it is great that you have some impressive technology available
for you to enjoy.  However, as I've clarified for you if there are features you
wish to be included either within gnash or any other GPL project/product you
need to contact and discuss your request with them.

All the best...

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 20:50:04 -0800
"Dylan Klebesadel" <ddxxlll at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why are you guys emailing my inbox I DON'T EVEN OWN A MAC OR YELLOWDOG. I
> would however like to know if yellowdog's Gnash supports flash 9 though
> because I am thinking of dual booting my ps3 so I can watch hulu videos on
> my 50 inch HDTV in full uncompressed 1080p on my couch

=====
"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often
think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of
music. ... I get most joy in life out of music."

"What Life Means to Einstein: An Interview by George Sylvester
Viereck," for the October 26, 1929 issue of The Saturday Evening Post.