G4 Powerbook Wireless - correction

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Thu Aug 7 18:21:54 MDT 2008

Hi Barry:

I found that you don't need the latest version of OS X; actually Tiger
(10.4.6) is quite good enough.  As Apple chose to drop the PPC, I'll be
eventually switching to Windows so that I could do decent work and dual
boot between Windows and YDL running on a 4 core Cell.  So it's just as
well that your question comes up now.

Read carefully the instructions provided in the link discussing Airport
Extreme, it tells you where the file you question is found.  Please note
that Airport Extreme was a special installation option I chose at the
time I bought my G4 - so on my PB it is installed.
Keeping that in mind the following can be executed from within the
Terminal application found in Utilities within OS X.

Here is what a Terminal session looks like revealing a portion of the
directory in question; I'm showing a partial listing.  Note that ...
means something precedes and something follows:

arakus:/System/Library/Extensions aguila$ ls

AppleADT746x.kext
AppleAirPort.kext
AppleAirPort2.kext
AppleAltiVecDVDDriver.bundle

As far as the fwcutter application is concerned I stayed with the
version listed in the example, the update or current version didn't work
within YDL.  So I stayed with what works.

All the best...