Questions about copying files from MacOS 9.0 to YellowDog Linux

Subject: Questions about copying files from MacOS 9.0 to YellowDog Linux
Blintegra@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 10:43:01 MDT

I am currently running YellowDog Linux CS 1.2 on a PowerMac 6500/225.
Recently, I upgraded my MacOS to 9.0.4. I am now having some trouble trying
to copy a file from a MacOS formatted hard drive over to my Linux formatted
drive.

I enter:
 hmount /dev/hda7 (This seems to be the partition that has your user files)
Then I enter:
 hcd "Desktop Folder".

This directory is no longer present (This used to be there under older
MacOS's). What is there is something like: "where_did_all_my_files_go?".
That is pretty much what is coming out when I enter: hls. How do I change
directories to get at the files that are on my Desktop in MacOS?

Would really appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,
blintegra@aol.com