Re: Kernel 2.4.5, modules, etc. for a PowerBook Firewire

Subject: Re: Kernel 2.4.5, modules, etc. for a PowerBook Firewire
From: Jason McIntosh (jwm05c@mizzou.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 15:57:03 MDT

Dual-monitor support is part of Xfree86 4.0.1 or higher, and is
independent of the kernel. I'd already posted a sample XF86Config-4 file
earlier,
http://www.missouri.edu/~jwm05c/computers/linux/
I'm still working on a set of docs for how to set it up, but I don't use
dual monitor support much, except on i386 systems, and then I just use em.
Anyway, no, this kernel has support for external port on the ATI Rage
Mobility chipset found in the PowerBook series laptops. (Not sure about
iBook, or others). There's a lot of howto's on the net for getting Dual
Monitors to work (even though I'm still going to write my own) - so search
for a while and you should be able to find something. Last note - if you
can't even get command line access for some reason, the dual-monitor stuff
isn't going to do a thing for you.
Regards,
Jason McIntosh

--
| Jason McIntosh                     | CELL: 573-424-7612      |