Yup failure on libSM

Subject: Yup failure on libSM
From: John Hughes (john@fallenbit.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 08:23:44 MDT

Hello,

ran yup when I first installed ydl2.0 and it ran fine. Have since moved to a
benh kernel and removed XFree rpm's in favor of a hand compiled XFree4.1.

Just went to run yup to update, and it fails with this error:

    [root@localhost /etc]# yup update --ignore-deps
    Reading RPM database... (100%)
    Performing dependencies sanity check...

    Error: Unable to satisfy dependency libSM.so.6 for package ghostscript

It would seem that libSM is part of XFree, but I am not completely sure. I am
wondering if it is failing due to XFree not being installed via RPM. It is
installled on the machine and the directory it is in is listed in ld.so.conf.
Anyone have any ideas on what is going wrong?

John