Re: CD audio

Subject: Re: CD audio
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 14:31:05 MST

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Derick Centeno wrote:

> Hollis:
> I went to YDL faq's page and noticed that the files name modules.conf
> or conf.modules would be used according to whether there had been an
> update to XF4.
> What is XF4?

XFree86 4.x

XFree86 4.x is not part of CS 1.2.1, but is available elsewhere. In other
words, if you did not install it yourself then it is not installed.

> Does XF4 have anything to do with how yup updates and installs Linux?

No.

> After yup runs does the Linux kernel have to be compiled or is that part of
> yup's task list?

yup does not compile kernels. It will install already-compiled kernels if
yours is in need of updating.

(Another troubleshooting technique would be "modules.conf isn't working, so
let's try conf.modules".)

-Hollis