Do you support pthread_cond_timedwait() function?

Subject: Do you support pthread_cond_timedwait() function?
From: ¾ç½ÂÈ (shyang@infosec.co.kr)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 01:26:23 MST

We found some problems during the porting process of our product to Yellowdog linux.
Our product is a program that uses 'Multi-Thread' and to correctly operate the 'Multi-Thread', we uses a program called 'pthread'.
Product can correctly be operated under intel series system linux (wow linux 7.0).
However, under 'power pc' environment, our product had a problem with 'pthread' and cannot be operated anymore.
The attached file contains 'gdb' used de-bugging information.
The strange thing is that as can be seen from gdbsensor.txt file, the cond value had been changed under under yellowdog linux (cond=0x100871e2 -> cond=0x0). Especially, it changes to "0", the program produce 'BUS error' and downed (=no more operation).
However with wow linux, the cond values (cond=0x819ea79 -> cond=0x819ea79) our program does not be changed and correctly operated.
According to the attached gdbtest.txt file, it can be seen that the cond values had been changed (cond=0x100219d8 -> cond=0x1) under yellowdog linux, too.
But the test program could be operated under yellowdog linux although the variable's pointer was changed.

[attatched files]
Attached gdbsensor.txt file contains the de-bugged information (by using gdb) of identical fucntions of wow linux and yellowdog linux after the operations of my product.
Attached gdbtest.txt file contains the de-bugged information (by using gdb) of identical fucntions of wow linux and yellowdog linux after the operations of test program.
Attached test.cc is the source of test program (For the compile procedure, please refer to gdbtest.txt)

Yang, Seung-ho( <mailto:shyang@infosec.co.kr> shyang@infosec.co.kr)
R&D Team 1/Technical Manager
< Infosec"> <http://www.infosec.co.kr/> http://www.infosec.co.kr/>Infosec Technologies Co., Ltd.
Tel : 82-2-2142-0999(Dir. 0971)