Re: Hello?

Subject: Re: Hello?
From: Stew Benedict (stewb@centurytel.net)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 10:59:19 MST

Not a direct answer to your question, but if you intend to do Unix, I'd say
leave BASIC behind. Tcl/Tk is the BASIC for UNIX, and it runs on Windoze
and MacOS too. Also Python is gaining in popularity and has extensions to
use the Tk widget set. I gave this same advice to another developer
several years ago, and he recently wrote back and told me how switching to
Tk changed his life - several raises, travel, yada, yada (no guarentee on
thsi level of success). For an idea of what you can do with Tcl/Tk, take a
look at tkDesk, or my own app XStick - http://xstick.sourceforge.net.

Stew Benedict