gcc works, but g++ broken

Subject: gcc works, but g++ broken
From: David Figueiredo (davidf@etec.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 08:30:16 MST

Hi All,

 I'm hoping that someone on this list can help. Next I'll go the the
gcc
bug tracker.

 I have a simple example that breaks the compiler. First of all the
gcc
will compile the code (below), but g++ will not.

 I have tried many permutations. But I cannot use 64bit integers.

----------- code snippet --------------------------
#include <stdint.h>

/* Cannot use INT64_MIN or INT64_MAX as these
   are undefined when the g++ compiler is run. Even
   thought its clear it should be defined if __cplusplus
   is defined (see stdint.h). Which it seems to be at
   compiler initialization. Go figure?
*/
int main()
{