YDL-2.0 on ibook firwire

Subject: YDL-2.0 on ibook firwire
From: Sundar Amancherla (amancherla.3@osu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 09:17:07 MDT

I have a slight problem with pwrctl on ibook firewire!

my ethernet link does not come up if the ibook lid is closed for sleep and
the ethernet cable is pulled out for a long time!! It shows the link
status when cable is unplugged

+++++++
eth0: Link state change, phy_status: 0x7809
    Link down !
+++++++

when the cable is plugged in again -
+++++++++++++
eth0: Link state change, phy_status: 0x782d
    Link up ! BCM5201 aux_stat: 0x003f
    full_duplex: 1, speed: 100

I am using ydl kernel 2.4.4-1a recompiled on my ibook with gmac.o as a
loadable module. I did this thinking that the problem will go if the
module is inserted again! But no luck!!!....

So when I wake it up from sleep after a longer span, eth0 interface is
recognized (msg: eth0 PHY ID: 0x00406212). But when the cable is plugged
in the link does not come up!!!! I need to RESTART!!!

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

--Aman