g77 tempnam issue

Subject: g77 tempnam issue
From: Paul C. Fisher (pfisher@mobeard.org)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 18:06:11 MDT

Folks,

        Apologies in advanced if this has been discussed a million
times already but I've been out searching the web archives with no
luck and I'm a newbie on this list.

        I'm attempting to port a mixed C/C++/Fortran program from
RedHat 6.2 (originally from VAX/VMS, SunOS and HP-UX) to YDL 2.0 with
the 2.95-3-2u gcc-g77 and I'm getting a link warning with f_open in
the F77_ILIB routine about tempnam being bad and mksname being good.
I've seen some traffic on the RH7.1 sites about this for other
routines but not f_open. Is there a patch for the lib anywhere,
should I make a fix and rebuild gcc from the SRPM or do I need to
fall back to an earlier version of gcc?

        Thanks in advance.

--

Paul C. Fisher Morristown-Beard School Morristown, New Jersey Earth Science and Computer Science (... it's all silica after all ... )