Pre-install problems on Pismo 500

Subject: Pre-install problems on Pismo 500
From: Ken Scott (kscott@pcisys.net)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 15:15:43 MDT

Hi,

I posted a message to the general list without any response, so I was
hoping I could get a little more feedback here.

I followed recipe from the webpage on the YDL website about loading YDL on
a Pismo. I have the drives set up, and copied the downloaded kernel and
files to the Bootstrap partition. I edited the yaboot.conf file as
indicated.

When I reboot to Open Firmware, I enter:
boot hd:9,yaboot.tbxi

it changes to the green text screen and I get the following:

Welcome to yaboot version 0.5
Config file read, 272 bytes

Welcome to Yellow Dog Linux!
Hit <TAB> for boot options

boot:
ramdisk loaded at 0x01467000, size: 721932 bytes

DEFAULT CATCH!, code=300 at %SRR0: 011ee498 %SRR1: 00003030
 ok
0 > _

Then I have to power down the laptop and restart. I never get anything
from the CD.

I copied the CD from a friend. If I try to boot the CD, I get to the point
where it says hda: lost interrupt several times, then goes to the first
install screen, where the keyboard doesn't seem to work. Anyway, all that
tells me that the CD would appear to be OK.

Any suggestions as to what to do next? If this is not the right forum for
help, please accept my apologies, and suggestions as to where to ask would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken Scott

--
><>   Ken Scott   kscott@pcisys.net   http://www.pcisys.net/~kscott

              This is the day that the Lord has made;
              I will rejoice and be glad in it!          -- Psalm 118:24