Re: Simple question about setuid bits

Subject: Re: Simple question about setuid bits
gus@nist.gov
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 11:31:49 MDT

I don't think you should have the setuid bit set for telnet and ftp.
Setting the setuid bit for any programs can lead to severe security
issues!
'telnet' and 'ftp' don't have the setuid bit set on my configuration and
it works like a charm. The problem is coming from you name resolution
configuration.

Guillaume.