openssh problems in ydl2beta

Subject: openssh problems in ydl2beta
From: jeramy b smith (jeramy@ash.penguinppc.org)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 16:43:28 MST

I installed a virgin cd 1.2.1 system, yup updated to the latest fixes for
it, then installed my fixed yup package so I could yup install/update
packages from the beta. I yup installed openssh and encountered the
following problems.

openssh installs an incorrect pma.d/sshd file

This causes people to not be able to log in via ssh period. I found this
this was a 'showstopper' for that revision of openssh and that it was
fixed the next day in a p2 revision package. The are actually at 2.5.2p2
now.

Also, ssh itself generated xfree: NULL pointer reference message and
wouldn't work. I looked this up and its some memory allocation bug.

I upgraded to my 2.5.1p2 rpms I have in
http://penguinppc.org/~jeramy/YDL2/NETWORK and all my problems were
solved.

-jeramy b smith