ybin compliance for ydl2

Subject: ybin compliance for ydl2
From: jeramy b smith (jeramy@penguinppc.org)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 15:23:47 MST

There are 3 issues that affect using the standard new world bootloader
loader.

-the lack of pmac-utils >= 2

The version in cs 1.2.1 is the old version that can't nvsetenv on new
worlds. There is not even a pmac-utils package in ydl2beta. I had to get
it from hollis directory on penguinppc.

-the lack of /dev/nvram

I installed the newer dev and it wasn't there. Strange since Ethan has
gone blue in the mouth over this one. I installed the newer MAKEDEV and
created the device bu hand though and with the newer pmac-utils I could
set the boot-device from Linux.

And one small thing:

In the vanilla yaboot.conf that ybin installs, there is the following
line:

magicboot=/usr/local/lib/yaboot/ofboot

Which should be

magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot