Re: ATI Radeon 32MB PCI, Apple 17 Flat panel on B+W G3

Subject: Re: ATI Radeon 32MB PCI, Apple 17 Flat panel on B+W G3
From: Kevin B. Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 19:48:08 MDT

Hi Ani,

I am now ready to start on getting the flat panel working.

I have Ben's latest rsync from today. I have also upgraded to XF 4.1.0
rpms.

Unfortunately, the XF 4.1 rpms really mess up OpenOffice and font
aliasing. If I install truetype fonts at all the whole thing barfs. This
all works with no problems under XF 4.0.2.

Are there any know problems with XF 4.1.0 when it comes to the render lib
(libfreetype) and ppc?

> As for X, you can
> build 4.1.0 and apply the patch I have in my dir on ftp.linuxppc.org
> (users/ajoshi/radeon) or you can build X cvs which has my fixes applied.
> DRI support is still in progress.

I will rebuild XF 4.1 from source and make sure that works first and then
apply your patch and rebuild.

> Flat panel support in radeonfb will be nice, I will try and send you
> some code over for that as I do not have a flat panel display.

Thanks,

Kevin