Re: Problems building 2.4.10-ac11? Am I missing a ppc specific patches

Subject: Re: Problems building 2.4.10-ac11? Am I missing a ppc specific patches
From: Kevin B. Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 10:45:59 MDT

Hi Dan,

> I'd realllly suggest you start out with my tree.
> It is 2.4.10ac6 + ppc stuffs. I worked with Ben H
> to make this tree extremely robust for YDL 2.1.

Thanks Dan!

I just rebuilt it. A few comments:

- how can I turn off the automatic running of Xautoconfig on boot of that
kernel. I just lost the last four hours of tweaks to support dual
monitors and radeon in my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. Arrgghh!

- why does Xautoconfig default to depth 8? This makes KDE look terrible?

- I had to add Justin's tag_info kernel options to get aic7xxx to work at
all. You might want to include aic7xxx_old as a module at least or
include it by deafult in any installers since it is more stable that
Justin's driver.

- everything was painfully slow as if something was constantly
interrupting the kernel perhaps this is another issue with the aic7xxx
driver.

I will play around some more. Thanks!

Kevin