please add glibc -2.2.4 under errata for YDL 2.1

Subject: please add glibc -2.2.4 under errata for YDL 2.1
From: Kevin B. Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 17:59:30 MDT

Hi Dan,

I see YDL 2.1 has been released. Great Job!

One request ... Is there any way you can add glibc-2.2.4 rpms as part of
the errata for 2.1? I was really hoping that YDL 2.1 would be glibc
2.2.4 based so that we could begin to start using the object prelinking
being developed and tested on Debian ppc. I believe it requires the very
latest glibc and binutils. Also, there have been a lot of bugs fixed and
improvements since glibc-2.2.1 which was the basis for YDL 2.

I was really hoping to start playing with obj prelinking to help improve
both KDE2 and OpenOffice startup times and did not want to move my
development machine to glibc-2.2.4 because versioned symbols in glibc
would make any build done abort on lower glibc releases.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

BTW:
People like Jack Howarth and Franz Sirl have been working with glibc-2.2.4
so it should be quite stable now for ppc linux.

Thanks,

Kevin