Re: please add glibc -2.2.4 under errata for YDL 2.1

Subject: Re: please add glibc -2.2.4 under errata for YDL 2.1
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 19:21:58 MDT

> I was thinking about putting out a special build of
> YDL 2.1 that was obj prelink compatible. Would this be of use to you?
> Also, I'm redesigning our build system such that it would be extremely
> easy to do fairly regular development snapshots of YDL.. with things like
> newer toolchain, etc. It would also allow technical folks such as yourself
> to more directly get involved in the continued development of YDL
> through patches, feedback, etc. to the development tree. Thoughts here?
>
> > Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Something that would allow us to build the complete YDL into a separate
partition might help. YDL from Scratch?

How much tolerance does the kernel have to changes in the toolset? What are
the depdendencies? Could an upgrade to something like glibc or some other
library cause things built against the updated library to be incompatible
with a kernel?

What's the complete list of "not the latest stable version" packages in YDL
2.1?

I'm running Xchat1.8.4. Any reason the latest Xchat is not in YDL 2.1? or is
it? The most recent Xchat was not in 2.0 at the time it was released?

What's your package upgrade policy? What do you start from? Where do you
want to end up?

How extensive are the patches that turn the generic packages into YDL2.1?
Are they primarily kernel and library patches? Is there a list?

-Pat