Re: Yup and YDL 2.0

Subject: Re: Yup and YDL 2.0
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 01:00:18 MDT

Derick Centeno's bits of Tue, 23 Oct 2001 translated to:

>Recently got YDL 2.0 and noticed that yup breaks whenever yup update is used.
>Also I can't use yup as superuser, I have to be in root. That's not
>supposed to happen right?
>
>Also I can't use fdisk or pdisk unless I'm in root. Is there a quick

Can't use? Or can't find? In general there is no difference
between logging in as root and su'ing to root. But if you use
only 'su' you don't get root's environment; when you type yup,
fdisk, pdisk, etc., the result is 'command not found'. To get
around this, you can either use 'su -', which will give you
root's environment, or you can prepend the path to the command
you are trying to run (e.g. /usr/sbin/yup, /sbin/pdisk). The
former is probably the best choice; doing both is even better
if in a paranoid mood ;)

Jim