Bug involving mdir

Subject: Bug involving mdir
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 02:13:52 MST

While attempting to create a directory, I had a finger glitch and ended up
typing mdir <somedir> rather than mkdir <somedir>. The result was that it
completely toasted the system. Everything locked up rock solid. I went to
another room and tried to log into the machine with no luck. When I got
back, the machine was rebooting.

Is this a known issue? Seems a pretty stiff penalty for a typo as a
non-root user ;) Good thing I don't actually need mtools.

This problem occurred on a PowerBook G3 (Lombard) installed with CS 1.1
and the "experimental" 2.2.12 kernel released for YellowDog.

Linux freyr.yggdrasill.net 2.2.12-2 #1 Fri Oct 8 18:07:08 MDT 1999 ppc
unknown

Jim