Re: XFree86

Subject: Re: XFree86
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 07:39:43 MST

Apparently there is a 'noaccel' flag. (I'm thinking bootx kernel args)
Anyways, apparently there is an accel bug that devel types are just
ignoring. THe thinking is, XF4.0 will be out soon.

It looks like we may move back to Xpmac for CS 1.2...
(Hopefully XF 4 will be available by the time we're ready to ship GH)

> Hi.
>
> Will have to show my ignorance here, but how do you run X unaccelerated?
>
> Also, after a few days of modest use the 3.3.6-8 stuff seems to be
> working nicely with DefaultColorDepth set to 24 for the FBDev server.
> The only glitches I have seen are ones I believe related to enlightenment.
>
> Jim
>

> Dan Burcaw's bits of Sun, 6 Feb 2000 translated to:
>

> >Well, the XFree86 bug appears to be in accel. If you run X unaccelerated,
> >it works fine but is very slow...
> >
> >Regards,
> >Dan
> >
> >Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
> > Yellow Dog Linux
> > "The Ultimate Companion for a Dedicated Server"
> > http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/
> >
> > Black Lab Linux
> > Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
> > http://www.blacklablinux.com/

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.