Re: Ruff Pack 0.80

Subject: Re: Ruff Pack 0.80
From: Jack Valois (jvalois@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 22:59:08 MST

For those of us who would like to try running on the ragged edge of things,
where we one start with the latest RPMs?

With so many RPMS, would you suggest installing them all? If so, what's the
easiest way to go about doing this?

I'm a newbie at Linux, but have been able to figure out most of the problems
that I have come across up to this point. I write system software for a
living, so I have been able to figure out most of the things I have come
across so far.

I am currently trying to figure out a problem with the 2.2.15pre7 kernel
that causes a segment error if I have my USB Zip 250 drive plugged in when I
boot. I'll let you know what i find out.

I have plenty of disk space and bandwidth so I usually download all of the
RPMS and play with things. I would like some suggestions of where to begin
with the latest RuffPack bits though.

has anyone done any work on getting the DVD parts working on PPC yet? most
of the hardware that we run on has DVD installed, well most of my hardware
has it, and it sure would be nice to get it working. I have visited the
LinuxDVD.org site, but no referance to and PPC work being done. Seems like
a "consumer" release of Linux, like Gone Home would want to take advantage
of a users DVD hardware if he had it...

Jack