Re: Ruff Pack 0.80

Subject: Re: Ruff Pack 0.80
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 20:30:32 MST

Dan Burcaw's bits of Fri, 25 Feb 2000 translated to:

>> 1) The /usr/ppc-yellowdog-linux directory needs a symlink to /lib. Netscape
>> at least won't start without the existence of this link.
>
>As in /usr/lib/ppc-yellowdog-linux/?

The netscape script (/usr/bin/netscape) tries to look in
/usr/$sysname-yellowdog-linux/lib for ld-linux.so.2. After my upgrade,
/usr/ppc-yellowdog-linux was empty, so netscape wouldn't start. I just did
an ln -s /lib /usr/ppc-yellowdog-linux/lib and that fixed the problem

>> 3) xterm cursor highlighting with mouse focus is still broken somewhere. Not
>> sure if it is Gnome, Enlightenment, or X that is causing the problem.
>
>Can you give me your details.. I'm not clear on this.

I am one of those people hopelessly addicted to "focus follows mouse". By
default the cursor in an xterm is usually hollow (unfilled rectangle) when
the xterm does not have focus. When it receives focus, the cursor becomes
a solid rectangle. In any case, under Gnome at least, the cursor focus starts
out as it should, but after moving between xterms a few times, all the xterm
cursors start becoming solid and don't change when the focus does. It is
almost as if there is a callback that is being missed when the focus leaves
an xterm. The problem seems to occur with every *term program I have tried.
This is more annoyance than a real problem; just one of those things that I,
almost subconsciously, depend upon.

>> [root@freyr rp80]# rpm -Uvh console-tools-19990829-3.ppc.rpm
>> var/tmp/rpm-tmp.27355: /etc/sysconfig/keyboard: line 2: unexpected EOF while loo
>> king for matching `"'
>> var/tmp/rpm-tmp.27355: /etc/sysconfig/keyboard: line 3: syntax error: unexpected
>> end of file
>
>Please send me your /etc/sysconfig/keyboard

Not much to it. Looks like there is an extra " in there?

KEYTABLE=""mac-us-ext"
KEYBOARDTYPE="adb"

Jim