Re: New G4's

Subject: Re: New G4's
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 19:29:14 MST

Troy Benjegerdes's bits of Sat, 4 Mar 2000 translated to:

>On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Jim Cole wrote:
>
>If the Atto card is using the Symbios chipset, (like Jim mentioned), it
>should work, otherwise the symbios driver might need a couple
>modifications.
>
>Anyone got a machine to check?

I will in about a week or so ;) The difference between getting the 10 GB
ATA (cheapest option) and getting a possibly useless card and 18 GB SCSI
drive was less than what the drive would have cost somewhere else. So I
just ordered with SCSI and purchased an 2940U2W. I will at least give
CS 1.2 a shot with the ATTO and let you know what happens before I yank
the card.

Jim