CS1.2 install-problem with kbd

Subject: CS1.2 install-problem with kbd
From: patrick ladam (pl@tintin.smbh.univ-paris13.fr)
Date: Sun Mar 07 1999 - 13:59:10 MST

Hi there,

Well I just downloaded the CS1.2 release from the ftp server.
Maybe I was too much in a hurry and the xinstaller has not been
uploaded yet but anyway I could not find it. Do you plan to had it
later or is it destinated only to the CD install?
Anyway when launching the text-based installer I could only get
one keyboard choice that is usb-us which did not work for my
french kbd. It looks that unlike the CS1.1 ramdisk_image there is no
foreign kbd available with CS1.2 install for the moment.
So I could not pursue the install and stayed with CS1.1.

The BootX .sea and .sit fgiles seem corrupted as they are the only one
which did not extract (yes they were binary mode downloaded) from my
ftp session.

Last question: Do you plan to upload images of the CS1.2 CD release?

Thank you guys

Bye

| Patrick LADAM | |
| Laboratoire CSSB | THE BIG BANG THEORY: |
| UFR SMBH | |
| 74 rue Marcel Cachin | In the begining there was |
| 93017 Bobigny CEDEX | nothing at all. |
| e-mail: | |
| pl@tintin.smbh.univ-paris13.fr | Then, it exploded... |
| Tel: 01 48 38 77 26 / 76 85 | |
| Fax: 01 48 38 77 77 | |