YUP 0.6.4

Subject: YUP 0.6.4
From: Stephen Edie (sedie@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 16:58:31 MST

YUP users,

There is a bug present in YUP versions 0.6.0 to 0.6.2 which prevents YUP
from properly auto-updating. The bug was due to a combination of RPM spec
file problems (yup.conf didn't have the no replace attribute), an
attempted hack around by yours truely, and the unfortunate results that
appeared with some RPM configurations, including our shipping
configuration. As a result, the yup.conf was obliterated causing all
sorts of confusion for YUP.

If your system is broken, you will need to use RPM to remove YUP and then
manually install one of the un-affected versions of YUP. (YUP <
0.6.0 or YUP > 0.6.3) You can not simply use rpm -Uvh with the new file
as the newer archives are set (correctly) to not over-write the config
file which is the cause of the breakage on the affected versions. You can
obtain the latest version of YUP from our FTP update distribution:

ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/updates/champion-1.2/ppc/RPMS/

Remove the previous version of YUP using:
rpm -e yup

Install a new version of YUP using:
rpm -ivh yup-0.6.4-0.noarch.rpm

I apologize for the problems.

Stephen

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Workstations and advanced, Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/