Re: ramdisk.image.gz for PReP install?

Subject: Re: ramdisk.image.gz for PReP install?
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 17:41:01 MST

I've put up a small ramdisk at
ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/software/misc/

Let me know if this works for you. If you could do me a favor, and send me
your .config for PReP I'd appreciate it. (building new kernel rpms)

> Hey there. I ended up installing Debian on my BlackHawk 'cos the CS 1.1
> PReP zImage.initrd had the wrong kernel. So I can now build kernels and a
> zImage.initrd, and I'm wondering where I can get ahold of that nifty ~800K
> ramdisk.image.gz you used to create it. I haven't had much luck with the
> 1.1MB ramdisk.image.gz in install/.
>
> I'd be happy to build and test a BlackHawk-specific zImage.initrd for
> y'all.
>
> BTW, any tips for building 2.2.14 pre-6? Compile pukes on keyboard.c 'cos
> of a Gemini arch change for SysRQ handling.

I'm building 2.2.14pre6 now and it seems to be fine on Pmac, CHRP.

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
   Yellow Dog Linux
   http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/