Re: PowerBook G3 & 2.2.12

Subject: Re: PowerBook G3 & 2.2.12
From: Paul Schinder (schinder@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Oct 09 1999 - 10:35:14 MDT

At 10:23 AM -0600 10/9/99, Dan Burcaw wrote:

>Anyway, I just need to hear "the kernel works for me" for various
>machines.. then I'll release the real thing + the tools needed
>to get X up and running, and setup mouse/keyboard maps for the new usb
>stuff.

Dan, does this kernel include the macserial fixes that have been
discussed on the linuxppc-dev list, or the new tulip.c Ethernet
driver? I'm especially interested in the former, since when I built
my own 2.2.12 I ran into the serial frame overflows and ppp errors
that others have reported. (They came in bursts, and eventually
things started working, but it was annoying having the network
suddenly stop working for about 5 minutes.) My Adaptec card also
might benefit from the tulip updates, although it seems to work well
enough with the driver compiled into Mackerras' 2.2.10, which I've
dropped back to. If the updates aren't included, I'll probably just
build my own again, but I though I'd check beforehand.

--
Paul Schinder
schinder@pobox.com