Re: No sound

Subject: Re: No sound
From: Kevin Heflin (kheflin@shreve.net)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 21:05:47 MDT

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Kevin Heflin wrote:

> Well now that I've made the final decision to switch to YDL, after
> installation, I don't have any sound. I've tried running xmms but I have
> no sound, I tried running kmix, but it complains that:
>
> kmix: Could not open mixer.
> Probably you have not yet configured your soundcard.
> Try running /usr/sbin/sndconfig as root before running kmix.

Well after digging through the archives I found a solution..

insmod dmasound

Further reading, I see where this was causing problems with some G4s ? And
not compiled in by default or something.

Anyway, it appears to be working fine for me at the moment. Will I need to
run that command everytime after reboot ? Or how could I go about getting
it in by default ?

Kevin

Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Production         | 333 Texas St #175    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net