Re: StarOffice in YD 2.0?

Subject: Re: StarOffice in YD 2.0?
From: Donn (donntarris@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 10:16:46 MST

Hollis R Blanchard wrote:

> The source takes 12 hours to build on a 400 MHz G3 with 256 MB RAM. I would
> recommend using the binaries.
>
> -Hollis

This may be a silly thing to ask, but having downloaded the binaries (as
one large file 97 Mb) from Sun and loaded them into the root directory
via unzip, I now have all of the separate files sitting there. When I
click on the one called "setup", it tells me that it can't run it, but
with no real reason attached. I'm assuming that I'm missing something,
could even be enough space to put it all together where it wants to go,
but that's only an assumption. Other binaries seem to work fine (the
executable ones), some come up with the same message.
I promise to read more, I have a couple of books and am studying up... :-)

Thanks to any and all who reply,
Sincerely,
Donn