Dual G4 ("blue light") install issues

Subject: Dual G4 ("blue light") install issues
From: Dennis Morrison (dennis@tristream.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 17:40:36 MST

hi..I just joined the list as a last resort effort to get YDL to
install on my dual 500mhz G4.

I've tried it all. Here's my specs followed by the history of what
I've tried..

OS: 9.0.4
Processor: dual 500mhz G4
RAM: 512MB
Misc: SCSI card for a tape backup system (turned off when attempting installs)

History:

I downloaded the YDL 1.2.1 CS ISO image awhile ago. Put the CD in
the drive, rebooted, held down "c" and got to a plain white screen.
No text, as others have been reporting..but not only that, if I wait
for the installer to load..It never loads. it will sit at this
screen indefinitely until I reboot.

OK, so I did some searching and came across some information about
booting the installer from a HFS partition. Same results.

Upgraded to OS9.1 the other day..and thought "hey, lets see what happens now!"

In situations where something doesn't work at all, it's always nice
to see some "success" measured by changing results. The results
changed, somewhat.

Instead of a completely white screen, I have the top quarter of it
white and the rest black.

Installer does not boot. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Does anyone have any insight...Or better yet, ever heard of such
craziness? :) I put the CD in any other machine in my office (PB
500, G4 400, etc) and it works as advertised.

TIA,
Dennis