Re: apache

Subject: Re: apache
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 09:31:38 MDT

on 23/7/01 6:21 pm, gideon at rush@charlie.cns.iit.edu wrote:

> I've installed a "development workstation" and now want to install
> apache. How do I do this? I can't find a package instalation program.
> The one I did find only shows me what is already installed on my system.
> How do I select packages I want to install from the YDL cd?

You need the install CD. Mount it (eg mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom or
suchlike) then cd /mnt/cdrom/Yel*/ppc will take you to the directory with
the RPMs. You will find these in there:

apache-1.3.14-3b.ppc.rpm
apache-devel-1.3.14-3b.ppc.rpm
apache-manual-1.3.14-3b.ppc.rpm

You can use the command rpm -ihv apache* to install them all. If it reports
some missing dependencies you will have to install the additional required
packages using the same process.

  Iain