Re: MP3 rippng too slow

Subject: Re: MP3 rippng too slow
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 18:57:29 MST

On Monday 11 March 2002 06:38 pm, Chayim I. Kirshen wrote:
> Really?
>
> I've found the exact reverse.  First of all it matters what you encode
> at.  Assuming they're the same, I've always found iTunes to have far
> better fidelity.

Send it to a windows user and see what they think of it. Quicktime Pro (and I
have the add on codecs and such) is much the same.

The on the MB sound chip that Apple supplies is hardly of the sound quality
that a Creative sound card (such as the audigy) supplies - I'm not even sure
you can truly judge with out it.

What I listen to is my SB card piped through a Pioneer connected to 4 Bose
Speakers (501's) so I can deffinately tell the diference.

Windows users never liked my Mac ripped files, never - oh, the mac uses the
Harmon Cardon speakers sold by the Apple store at the Mall of America, here
in MInnesota- nice store.

--
 Robert Brandtjen