Re: netatalk woes

Subject: Re: netatalk woes
From: Stuart Anderson (kbj12@dial.pipex.com)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 10:08:12 MST

Guys,

I had real hassle with this and still have a few problems, but here's what I
found:

1. If afpd is running you can still get to the box without atalkd running,
just not via chooser unless you enter the IP number.

2. My setup has two ethernet cards and my atalk.conf file is always being
overwritten to:

eth1 -seed -phase 2 -net 68-69 -addr 68.8 -zone "Main"
eth0 -phase 2 -net 65280-65534 -addr 65280.100

when it starts off as something different but since it doesn't matter too
much I've not messed with it.

3. My afpd.conf file reads:

"Powerbook Gateway" -noguest

This means I can see it in chooser as Powerbook Gateway and it doesn't allow
guest access. Once that was set up it just works fine, appletalk or not.

Hope this helps.
Stuart